Even in the age of the coronavirus, we want to ensure that your visit to the museum is pleasant and inspiring. For this reason we ask that you adhere to a few protective measures. Please also understand that we are unable to provide all of our standard services at this time.
The following information highlights important points and shows how a visit to the HNF during the pandemic will differ from previous ones.
- Make sure to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres from people who do not belong to your household.
- All visitors over the age of six must wear a medical face mask (surgical mask or N95/FFP2 mask).
- Disinfect your hands. Disinfection stations are located in the foyer and on all the floors.
- The interactive objects in the museum will be cleaned continually.
- Disposable gloves are also available upon request.
- VR headsets and headphones have been dismounted and are not available.
- The number of visitors in the entire HNF is limited. If this amount or the maximum number of visitors on a floor has been reached, then please maintain a safe distance and follow the instructions of the museum staff.
- Lifts should only be used by those who truly need them. All others are asked to use the escalators.
Opening hours and prices
- The standard opening hours for the HNF apply.
- The admission price for the permanent exhibition still includes access to special exhibitions. This means there is no additional fee for visiting the exhibit “Hello universe!”
- The validity of return tickets purchased in 2020 is extended by six months.
- The bistro and cloakroom will remain closed; however, lockers and unattended coat hangers are available in the basement. In addition, a vending machine offering snacks and cold beverages is located in the foyer.
- There are QR codes throughout the museum on the floor, which can be scanned with your own smartphone to access in-depth information, videos etc. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also available.
In all other respects, the HNF house rules apply.