We look forward to your visit! However, due to the current Corona Protection Ordinance of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, a visit to the HNF is only possible with an appointment booking! You will also need a negative, daily certified rapid test. The test certificate must not be older than 24 hours, it must be confirmed in writing or digitally. Children who do not yet attend school do not need proof of testing. You can find more details on the tests on the pages of the Paderborn district.
Even in the age of the coronavirus, we want to ensure that your visit to the museum is pleasant and inspiring. For this reason we ask that you adhere to a few protective measures. Please also understand that we are unable to provide all of our standard services at this time.
The following information highlights important points and shows how a visit to the HNF during the pandemic will differ from previous ones.
- Make sure to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres from people who do not belong to your household.
- All visitors over the age of six must wear a medical face mask (surgical mask or N95/FFP2 mask).
- Disinfect your hands. Disinfection stations are located in the foyer and on all the floors.
- The interactive objects in the museum will be cleaned continually.
- Disposable gloves are also available upon request.
- VR headsets and headphones have been dismounted and are not available.
- The number of visitors in the entire HNF is limited. If this amount or the maximum number of visitors on a floor has been reached, then please maintain a safe distance and follow the instructions of the museum staff.
- Lifts should only be used by those who truly need them. All others are asked to use the escalators.
Opening hours and prices
- The standard opening hours for the HNF apply.
- The admission price for the permanent exhibition still includes access to special exhibitions. This means there is no additional fee for visiting the exhibit “Hello universe!”
- The validity of return tickets purchased in 2020 is extended by six months.
- The bistro and cloakroom will remain closed; however, lockers and unattended coat hangers are available in the basement. In addition, a vending machine offering snacks and cold beverages is located in the foyer.
- There are QR codes throughout the museum on the floor, which can be scanned with your own smartphone to access in-depth information, videos etc. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also available.
In all other respects, the HNF house rules apply.