Even in the age of the coronavirus, we want to ensure that your visit to the museum is pleasant and inspiring. For this reason we ask that you adhere to a few protective measures. Please also understand that we are unable to provide all of our standard services at this time.
The following information highlights important points and shows how a visit to the HNF during the pandemic will differ from previous ones.
- Make sure to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres from people who do not belong to your household.
- Wearing a facial mask (oronasal protection) is mandatory for all those who are older than six years of age.
- Disinfect your hands. Disinfection stations are located in the foyer and on all the floors.
- The interactive objects in the museum will be cleaned continually.
- Disposable gloves are also available upon request.
- VR headsets and headphones have been dismounted and are not available.
- The number of visitors in the entire HNF is limited. If this amount or the maximum number of visitors on a floor has been reached, then please maintain a safe distance and follow the instructions of the museum staff.
- Lifts should only be used by those who truly need them. All others are asked to use the escalators.
Opening hours and prices
- The standard opening hours for the HNF apply.
- The admission price for the permanent exhibition still includes access to special exhibitions. This means there is no additional fee for visiting the exhibit “Hello universe!”
- The validity of return tickets purchased prior to 13 March 2020 will be extended by three months.
- The bistro, museum shop and cloakroom will remain closed; however, lockers and unattended coat hangers are available in the basement. In addition, a vending machine offering snacks and cold beverages is located in the foyer.
- The multimedia guide and the app “Your boss – Heinz Nixdorf” will not be handed out at this time, but there are QR codes throughout the museum on the floor, which can be scanned with your own smartphone to access in-depth information, videos etc. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also available.
Guided tours and workshops
- Please note that guided tours and workshops are not being offered at the moment. This includes the public guided tours at weekends.
In all other respects, the HNF house rules apply.